Friday, January 24, 2014

Tooo Much Snow and a Etsy Sale!

Hi everyone, how is it going??? As someone said to me the other day, "Life is full of changes, and they come without notice". Sometimes it would be nice to have a memo once in a while, but then again, if there was a memo, maybe I wouldn't want to see a change come!!!!

Today we had another change.....or challange.....or maybe it's an inconvenience???? JP and I had to go to the UPS store in Neenah (which is 10 miles away) and return the at&t DVR that stopped working. At&t sent a new DVR on Tuesday, the old one had to be back in their hands in 10 days...or else we would get charged $150!!!! Yikes!!! So needless to say we wanted to get the DVR back asap. We got back to Appleton, went to the Post Office to mail the Etsy order. Dropped JP off at home and I took off again to go pay the Electric/gas bill and to the grocery store. Here is where life changes.....I get back in the car and...gosh the brakes are feeling kind of strange??? So each stop I came to, I found the brake peddle becoming more squishy. Suddenly the brake light comes on........oh, oh, I better go home, will I make it home??? Dozens of questions filled my mind!!!

Thank God I got home with no mishaps. I told JP what had happened and he called the service station, they said to bring the car in....when JP drove the car to the garage, there were NO BRAKES!!! When you think...how a gazillion things could have happened. Apparently the brake lines are rusted out and fluid had leaked out. We will be with out a car for the weekend. JP is at work right now....someone from the company came to pick him up and take him to work. The service station will let us charge the $400.00, which is okay....but we still have a bill with them for $600...so there you have it $1000 bill for car repairs, and a loan on a car for $4000. I am wondering, how in the world does a person ever get ahead in this world....I probably will always wonder that, till Jesus' return or the day I die!!!
So here you can see how much snow we have had already....so much snow, but there are lovely flowers growing under all that snow. Tulips, roses, crocuses, peonies, lavendar, daisies, mums and misc. perrenials......it will be lovely when things start to grow again.
The snow is almost up to the porch....gosh that is deep, I don't remember seeing the snow that deep in all the 22 years we have lived here.
Here's a picture of our backyard.....snow is up to the back of the chair....so much snow and there's still 6-7 weeks of winter to go.

Well as I said in the title of this blog, I had another Etsy sale....so happy am I. She is a return customer and hopefully she just might return again and again. I am planning on getting more cards into my store. St. Patrick's Day is coming up soon, so I need to get some "green cards" in my store also!!

Time to close this blog and get some cards made and ride my bike for some exercise. Talk to you all later and keep looking up. Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

oh no Louise !! what a scary thing..
seems like with winter. many problems seem to follow..in our lives it has (:)
I love the snow though..
my mannies,, aw thanks so much..
i like painting them
the come blank if they are styrofoam ones
but the taller fiberglass faces come painted, but I sand off the wild eyebrows,and start anew,then repaint the eyes,lips,and add the hair(:)
hugs..patty

NanaDiana said...

We have snow like you do,Louise. It is awful here, too. That is awful about the brakes. Scary- glad you got home safe and hubby got it to the station without incident. Crazy year so far, isn't it?

Glad you are selling on Etsy. Now you only need to sell a few hundred more cards to pay for your car repairs!;>) sorry-couldn't resist- xo Diana

Biz said...

Thank goodness nothing happened Louise! My sister was just telling me that when she drives her car, she has to put the foot all the way to the floor - I said "there is brake fluid leaking!" Had that happen to our Ford Explorer - so scary!

Stay warm!

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so happy you made it home safely and were able to get the car to the garage. At least they can fix it. Just when you think you're about to get ahead, something else happens. Makes us appreciate it when things are good! Love your cards and the bread looks yummy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails