Saturday, August 30, 2014

An Anniversary and Flowers.........

Hi there everyone. Well, it is Labor Day Weekend. Where art thou oh Summer???? The days are going way to fast, I believe we just had Spring???? Is that right??? Now I know what my mother meant when she said not to wish my life away because it will go fast enough. Just like these flowers, they bloom one day and POOF they are shriveled up and gone the next. Except for the "black eyed susan" in the 3rd picture. They last for at least 5-6 weeks which is fine by me. I really love them.

So Wednesday we celebrated 41 years of marriage, it came and went with not too much excitement. I bought myself some white lilies at Festival for $2.98....I love their smell. Which reminds me, I should take a picture of them before they poop out. Bought JP a pair of work jeans and a blue T-shirt. Made a card and we had chocolate cake and ice cream.

We were going to go out to eat last night at "Little Chicago" but JP was having so many arm pains I said "forget it, we'll stay home" and eat. So I went to Festival and got a piece of "prime rib", fish, mashed potatoes and chicken wings at the deli. Then I bought some mushrooms to go with the prime rib. Made a salad and we sat down to a pretty nice meal that didn't take long to make. I still had dishes to do though....oh well, good food always comes with dishes that must be done. PS...JP"s arm pains have subsided today. My diagnosis? He gets worked up about something, it's like anxiety attacks, he says they come from Satan...I say go to a Doctor, he says, "yeah, right, they don't know anything". So we go back and forth with this and it DRIVES me crazy and him too. It's just a short putt for both of us.

I am thinking I will buy another piece of prime rib again. I cooked it for 3 minutes on each side while sautéing mushrooms with the meat, then poured the au jus over the top, oh my that was a wonderful "slice of heaven". Yes, I will do that again.
So here is a shot of my two hibiscus's, I bought these plants maybe 5 years ago. Had planted one of them in the ground and it did not take too well. The other plant I thought had died, but it seemed to resurrect itself. They both had a rough start. So this year is the first year they both bloomed, and I couldn't have been more happy....least I know they both survived a rough upbringing. I keep them in the house through winter. Then bring them out in the spring.
This is a close up of my black eyed susan. They seem to pop up where ever they like and volunteer their time in my flower garden every year. I tried to get some seeds going in the back yard but they just don't seem to get it....the front yard is where they like to grow.
Well time to close and maybe go over to my other blog and write something, maybe about beets. You have a great day and a wonderful Labor Day Weekend. If you would like to visit me at me other blog the address is: cards4ubylouise.wordpress.com
Cheers ~ Louise

6 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Happy anniversary to you. It sounds like a terrific meal without much fuss. Your flowers are beautiful. I'm sure they bring you joy.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Thank you Brenda...it was a lovely meal, I will do that prime rib again for sure!!! Just need an excuse to buy it.

NanaDiana said...

Happy Anniversary. Sound like it turned out to be a nice meal when all was said and done. xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Thanks Diana, I do believe I will buy a meal like that again...that prime rib was tender and yummy!!! We just had another piece tonight with our egg omelet.

Biz said...

Glad you had a nice anniversary, even if you ate in - sounds delicious!

I don't mind prime rib, if its not a fatty piece - who big was the cut of meat? Just curious.

Happy September!

FYI. . . I am sending your etsy address to my Mom - she wants a special wedding card made for a wedding at the end of the month. Her name is Jerry Hills - just wanted to give you a heads up.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz...Oh it was a nice piece with hardly no fat...I told the deli guy I didn't want to pay for fat. The prime rib was 13.99 a pound. I paid $12.56 for it, I really don't know how many oz. it was but we got 3 meals from it. It was sooo good.

I have a few wedding cards on hand, I can put them back in my shop. Or she can just go through me via snail mail if she would like.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails