Friday, August 8, 2014

SATURDAY....YaYYYYYYY!!!!

Hi there everyone. Hope your weekend is starting off good!! Have you ever tried to find some funny pictures....and none of them were very funny?? That's what happened for me tonight. I wanted to do a new post using a funny picture, but this is all I could find. Oh well....now that it is actually Saturday morning. I can look forward to sleeping in, probably won't hit the pillow till 2:30am. Yay!!!
Not much has been going on here. Just trying to enjoy the summer and what is left of it. My flowers are doing great and I do enjoy looking at them everyday. Been making teas with my Hibiscus plant, Lemon Mint in the front yard, Bee Balm and Hyssop tea in the back yard. All 4 are really great and each one has some really good health benefits.

My husband likes the Hyssop tea because it is mentioned in the Bible. Hyssop has a kind of licorice taste. Bee Balm attracts the bees and butterflies for the nectar and the leaves can be dried to prepare bergamot tea. The native Americans shared this tea with the early settlers, who then used it as a substitute when imported tea became scarce after the Boston tea party.

I take the flowers of my Hibiscus plant, rinse them and put them in a hot pot of water. I have talk about the Hibiscus tea in a previous post. The Lemon Mint tea is just as it says...a lemony mint taste. I have some drying on the front porch and plan to get some more dried by the end of this month.

I am getting a few cucumbers from the garden, no tomatoes as yet. It looks like my onions are not doing so good again this year. Oh well.

Don't have a lot of plans for today....maybe work on some cards and get a few new things into my Etsy store. I have been "out to lunch" for the last couple of weeks so to speak....so I better get some things listed, people will think I closed shop...lol!

You all have a great weekend and keep looking up! Cheers - Louise

PS. If you would like to check out my other blog it is cards4ubylouise.wordpress.com



1 comment:

Attic Clutter said...

ha.. I like it very cute little doggy Louise..
well keep up the good gardening (:) sometimes things grow well sometimes not here too.the Heirloom Brandywine tomatoes are wonderful this year..last year not.. getting big acorn squash too this yes..
hugs,Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails