Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Very Short Weekend

Hi there everyone. Wow...where did that weekend go to??? And it is Monday again...how fast these days go. Here I was overwhelming myself with so much I had to accomplish before JP's family came for a visit...and it is all over. Guess I got everything done, actually had 15 minutes to spare before they drove up the driveway...to paint my nails.

We had a good time. Sat around and talked, then walked to the park, which was 4 blocks from our house....geez, we hadn't done that in the 23 years we lived here. What in the world have we been doing with our lives????? It always helps when you have a little tyke tagging along to keep things going. First he had to see the fountain and play in the water, then he spied the slides and swings and was off and running for them. Then we walked home and got ready to go to the Bed and Breakfast they were planning to stay at. What a beautiful old house. JP's family was able to stay in the castle part of the house which was a little suite with a Jacuzzi. Will have to ask if they used it....that would be my first choice to try out. Their breakfast was Lemon poppy seed stuffed waffles with whipped cream and Prince Albert Eggs (whatever that is). Callie said breakfast was delicious!!!

We did go out to eat at a restaurant called "Little Chicago" I had a prime rib sandwich, JP had a cheeseburger. The others had porkchops, chicken and little Dominick had mac and cheese. We came back to the house, talked awhile and then had dessert. Ice cream, cake and cookies. Then suddenly they were gone, to spend the rest of the evening at the Bed and Breakfast. A totally FAST weekend....today...I rested all day. I was actually pooped from all the activity of the last couple of days. I guess my age is catching up with me. My mind is willing, but the body is not anymore.

When the company left, I cleaned up a bit, put my pj's on and went to bed...which was very early for me, like 10:30pm early. Then in the distant, I heard thunder.....yes it was raining...and then I began to worry about the roof leaking and putting out the buckets in the right place to catch the rain drops.....when will this end?????

We did have a couple of roofers come and look at the roof this past week and give estimates to the agency that may be helping us....but have not heard anything yet. In the mean time, we wait. For them to fix the problem or for the ceiling to cave in. Which one will come first????

Well, time to close this blog before I get too depressing. You all have a great week and keep looking up-past all the problems. Somewhere, somehow these problems are all taken care of in the Cross of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified. Cheers ~ Louise

8 comments:

Patricia said...

I hope you do get help with the roof problems. I remember you dealing with this last winter.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Me too Patricia...roof problem has been on going for years and getting worse.

NanaDiana said...

I sure hope you can get the roof problem fixed before too long. What a mess!

It is amazing what you do/see when you have a little one around. I have been going to the park quite a bit this summer with the kids and discovering new places. xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Thanks Diana. I would feel much better if the roof was fixed soon. Our next visit with the family will include a trip to Neenah's Quarry Quest because little Dominick likes trucks and tractors and backhoes. Should be fun.

Attic Clutter said...

"Little Chicago" oh sounds fun Louise.. (:)
the roof leak not (:)
hugs,Patty

Patricia said...

I've never heard of Prince Edward eggs, or Prince Albert eggs either. I tried looking online for a recipe for you and came up empty.
There is a Prince Edward egg tart, but I don't think it was what you were looking for. Perhaps you could request the recipe from the restaurant you ate it at. I wish I could help, because it does sound interesting. Take care.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty...oh little Chicago had good food. JP and I will have to go there for my Birthday..

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

I will have to call the bed and breakfast to see if they will release their recipe or at least where I can get it. I tried looking for it on line and could not find it either...maybe it is some secret recipe or something.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails