Friday, October 31, 2014

Last Day of October ~ Why Does It Have To Be Scary????

Hi there everyone....how is your last day of the month going?? I will be glad when this day is over....never cared for Halloween. Too many bad things happen on this day. A very sad commentary for this country and world.

I have heard that Halloween is becoming more popular then Christmas......why???? Why is Satan more popular then Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Isaiah 5:20-21 says, "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil: that put dark for light, and light for darkness: that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Verse 21 says, "Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!" WOW, WOW, Wow....now if that does not put a fear in you....Israel had so perverted the scripture, they no longer knew right from wrong....does this not sound familiar for our country now??? Yes, and self-conceit is the antithesis of humility; as humility is, in a certain sense, the crowning virtue, so is self conceit a sort of finishing touch put to vise. (the words in red are from my King James Expositor's Bible commentary)

Should we not Fear God more then Satan???? There are more then 100 verses in the Bible that say, "The Fear of God". God is God, He is the Creator of this World...."in the beginning, God created" So why do we allow satan to put fear in our hearts.......we are not to fear him....BUT....Fear God and God alone!!!

When I look around my city, state and country I see so much that is not right....it is even hard to recognize what I used to know. People have changed, friends change, rules change, laws change, church has changed (and that is one thing that should have stayed consistent, because God NEVER changes). Life changes daily, there are times I find life very hard to cope with on a daily basis as I get older (and wiser?).

When this present administration said, "Change" would come, little did we know our whole world be turned upside-down. I remember many years ago, our prayer in the back room of the church was...."God, turn this world up-side down so that many people will know that you are God and come to know you in a personal way" Hum....I guess He is doing just that!!!!!

So why should we be scared on this last day of October???? Why? God is in complete control of everything and even though things look bad on the outside and it looks like Satan is taking over from our vantage point...Keep Calm ~ God's Got It!!!!!

Have a great day and keep looking up.....see Jesus in all that you do and say this day and every day until His return!!!!
Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, I do understand what you mean about Halloween. I like the party thing for the kids....but I do not want it to be celebrated more than Christmas. I sure won't put it before Christmas. This is God's world, His creation...satan can't take it from God. But there are some not on the right path. It is hard to pray for them...but we must. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie...thanks for stopping by. Oh I know what you mean about praying for the lost...Especially when we see the things they do. But God Loves, so we must also.

Attic Clutter said...


hi
louise(:)
oh my scary ..oh yes bad people do bad things
ugh awful
but try and enjoy the cute stuff of Halloween like pumpkins and cute little kids all dressed up having fun..we used to
hugs,patty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty, I am still glad Halloween is over. I guess if I had grandkids it would be more fun. Maybe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails