Thursday, December 4, 2014

Blenders and Smoothies

Hi there everyone....gosh, it has been 7 days since I last posted. Where has that time gone???? I guess I must have taken a short "blog break" or, I just did not feel like blogging...just seems to be too  "much stuff" is coming at us at a rapid pace.

The news on the radio and TV has been so unsettling lately, so many bad things are happening around this world....so sad, the devastation, lawlessness and lies and down-right meanness, one to another. I don't know, it can't be very long now, that the trump will sound and Jesus will gather His church home. That surely will be the greatest day ever!!!
So in the mean time we live our lives and occupy till He does return. Taking care of ourselves and those around us in our neck of the woods.

I have a blogger friend that sent me this blender through Amazon for my Birthday. Oh my, it was a total surprise. I am really loving this little machine. It sure makes some good smoothies AND soups too. (which I blend then heat up on the stove or in the microwave. My previous blender was sounding like a "cement mixer" and could only hold half as much as what this one does.....yeah, I am really liking this blender a lot.

Today's smoothie was:
1 Halo tangerine (peeled of course)
1 cup coconut water
handful of greens (any kind...right now I am using "Power House" greens that have kale, spinach etc)
1/2 frozen banana
handful of frozen fruit (strawberries, mango, pineapple)
1 Tablespoon plain Chobani yogurt
1 teasp. chocolate superfood from NutriBullet

Mix it all up in the blender and "wah lah" a dandy smoothie!!!

The other day I made a vegie soup in the blender that included:
1/2 bag carrots (1 1/2 cup)
2 tomatoes
1/2 red bell pepper
1/4  raw beet
2 handful spinach
1 glove garlic
1/2 teasp. sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
pepper to taste
2 cups vegetable (Swanson)broth
Blend, then heat. Great with some thin crackers...yum, yum.

I have been doing these smoothies pretty regularly for the last 6 to 7 weeks, one smoothie a day. To date, I have lost 14 lbs. Yes.....I feel pretty good, and getting lots of vitamins in my body that were not there. Also, taking Vitamin D3 every day. I have noticed my blood sugars are not so high. So, I think this is a good thing. After struggling so long with my weight, I think I found the "magic pill" that works for this old lady!!!! Something that has been so elusive to me.

Well time to close and go walk Kylie around the block.....or should I say, she takes ME for a walk....lol!!! Weather will be nice for the next week, so we better walk while we can, except it is SO dark out...ish!!!!

Have a good one and keep looking up!!! Cheers ~ Louise

5 comments:

sweetvintageofmine said...

Evening Louise, Such a sweet gift from your friend and very useful too! Looks like you are having Fun making smoothies (and healthy ones, I might add!) Don't worry about not posting for a few days....I have decided to cut back myself. Yes, and the world is in a mess...we must pray for our nation. Jesus is coming soon!! Blessings~~~Roxie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Roxie....good to hear from you. I know you must be busy with renovations of your cottage home. Yes, delicious smoothies. And yes, pray for this nation, cause when Jesus comes, things will get even worse. oh my.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

**when Jesus comes for his church, this world will be in a worse state then it is now.

Biz said...

Glad you are loving the blender Louise! We had Tony's memorial tonight - great turn out and I think he would have loved it.

It's just so....quiet now. But I guess I'll have to get used to that now, won't I?

Hugs! Biz

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh Biz....I feel so bad for your heart. I was thinking of you today and what you might be doing. I am not sure how I would handle the silence....just knowing someone is missing. I guess the TV would be on constantly or music.

But being an only child I guess I have learned to cope differently then some who have siblings. I do know how to keep busy with no one around I guess and can find a multitude of things to do. Take care blog friend, know you have lots of friends in blog-land.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails