Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day - Steak and Cards

Hi everyone. Hope you had a wonderful, fun, filled day and your special someone made it even more special in some unusual way. In the above picture are two cards I received in the mail. The one on the right is from Brenda in Indiana, so simple, but yet so elegant. The card on the left is from Shirley, a card maker here in Appleton. We have been sending each other cards for over 7 years. It's always fun to see what she makes....I think she is truly an artist. She recycled this card as it was a store bought card and she turned it into a new handmade card.
 I just got home from Jacobs Meat Market in Appleton. JP gave me some money to buy whatever I wanted...so I chose this heart shaped Rib-eye steak.....my, my was it good!! As you can see, Kylie took a liking to it and if it had been a bit closer, she might have taken a bite out of it.
I salted and peppered it and put a little steak sauce on it and let it sit in the frig for a couple of hours. When it came time to cook it, I sauteed some mushrooms and onions in coconut oil. (no, I could not taste the coconut). Took the mushrooms and onions out of the pan and dropped the steak in. Cooking till the center was 100 degrees. Dished the steak and poured the mushrooms and onions on top. OH MY WAS THAT STEAK DE-LISH-OUS!!!! I took a picture of our Valentine's dinner all cooked up, mashed potatoes, salad, garlic bread and left over fish....that will be the next post. We still have enough steak left for dinner tomorrow.
Here is another picture of Kylie, enjoying the smells of Valentine's Day.....if she could have, she would have. Yes, she did have some steak too for her dinner....cooked of course, not raw.

I just had to take a couple of these pictures of Kylie.....she is so darned cute with her antics. I think it sure would be a very quiet and boring home if Kylie did not live here.

8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Nothing like a good steak, is there? Yum! How cute about your pup gettin the scent of it.
Those cards are gorgeous- both of them.
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday- xo Diana

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Louise (:)
funny heart steak (:)
My fam loved the Valentine cards ..u made
big hugs,Patty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana....we just had steak and eggs with the left over Valentine's steak....yummy and Kylie had her quota of steak too. It will be a good day.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty...yes, funny steak but very delicious. Watch for my next post, you will see the steak all cooked up. Glad all enjoyed the cards.

Biz said...

I love the heart shaped ribeye! Love that there are leftovers too - I usually make a steak, egg and potato hash with the leftovers. :D

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz....the heart shaped ribeye was delish.....we had steak and eggs Sunday, that was a treat.

Brenda in IN said...

I had never seen a heart shaped steak. It is pretty as well as delicious looking. Kylie is so cute. I bet she was going crazy. Molly would have tried to get on the table.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda...yes, she wanted a bite of that steak, which she did get after it was cooked and all...she liked!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails