Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Cabbage and Rain

Hi there everyone. How has your week gone....I am not sure where mine went...but it went fast!!! I still have not gotten any pictures of my house and all the improvements that were made...still working on that. BUT I am thoroughly enjoying everything Rebuilding Together did. Pat still has to come back and finish up a few things. He is waiting for a warmer days to paint the front door, put the fan up and finish some electric work.

In today's post is a cabbage dish I made....this maybe on the agenda to make more of this tasty yummy dish. My stepfather made this all the time. He called me last week to let me know he had been in the hospital for 3 weeks....he fell off his mobile chair and broke his neck.....gosh that is so hard to believe for me. The Doctor wants to put him in a nursing home....but he does not want to go.
Pops has always been stubborn that way. He lives in Las Vegas....so it is not like I can go see him and talk sense....he wouldn't listen to me anyways....I am just the step-daughter.
So in these two pictures are the cabbage dish he would make. Fried cabbage and onions in bacon grease. Added some frozen tomatoes and crumbled bacon a little salt and pepper and in the bottom picture I chopped up some spinach....something Pops would never add. All in all, it was really very delicious!!!
In the picture below.....there was so much rain on Sunday the street flooded in front of our house......sure hope the sewer is not plugged up.....As the cars passed....they all made sure they went through the water spraying it up on the sidewalk!!! Watch out, children at play.
Yep....lots of rain and lots of puddles and it looks like more rain is coming for the Memorial Day weekend. One good thing though, with all that rain that fell.....
I am so glad to say our ceiling DID NOT LEAK!!!!!  Yay!!!! I am still moving things back into the kitchen a little at a time.....but maybe less things will enter the kitchen to clutter it up. I bought some new curtains and want to get some tiles for behind the stove...to make it easier to wipe the walls which get so greasy.
Well time to close here...have to go do some dishes and get dinner ready for JP....pork spare ribs in the crock pot and potatoes, salad and fruit. Have a great day and keep looking up!!!
Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That cabbage dish sounds kind of like the one my mother used to make for my father. He loved it.
I am so glad your leaks are gone! Hallelujah! I can't wait to see some pictures of what they did for you. Blessings, Louise- xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Thanks Diana....I love that I don't have to worry when it rains...no more leaky roof and ceiling.

Patricia said...

I really like cooked cabbage, and I don't think to buy it very often. I made coleslaw with the last head of cabbage.
Looking forward to seeing your home improvements.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patricia...that is what I am thinking I shall make with this 1/2 head....will be good for the Memorial Day weekend along with hamburgers. I shall have to take some pics of the improvements this weekend. Finally got a new ceiling fan up the other day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails