Saturday, November 14, 2015

Snowmen and Apple Cards......

Hi there everyone....wow, can't believe it's almost a week since I last posted here. But I have an excuse.....been busy making cards as you can see below. I had two orders to fill. 25 "Apple Note Cards" and 20 "Snowmen Christmas Cards" Also on order, (see 5th picture down) a poster for "Stocking Stuffers" I tell ya one thing....I could not have done the poster if I did not have my "Office program" installed, so happy I did. Have been able to make some labels and tonight, I am typing a letter to a friend....yay!!!

The first picture you see are the snowmen cards. This was a really fun and unique technique. The snowmen are actually napkins, peeled down to one layer then stuck on layered card stock with a glue stick. I had fun doing these....I must find some more Christmas napkins!!!  The silver was run through my snowflake cuttlebug folder. Hard to see, but the snowmen were embossed with 'speckles'. I have another set of 4 snowmen like these on green card stock with silver snowflakes. Then I will be on to another snowman design.  
Again, here are some Apple Cards. I need to make some more of these cards and add them to my Hospice card collection, also needed are a few snowmen. The meeting is December 4th.....I better get cutting.
Did I tell you these apple cards were actually made with a real apple?? Yep, cut it in half, stamped the apple in ink then on to the card stock. Can only use the apple for the evening, cause the next day the apple was browned and drying. Oh well, it served a GOOD purpose.
In these two pictures, the apples are pretty much the same, except for the background. The gold strips were embossed with gold embossing, I like the effect and may do this again with Christmas colors....maybe the snowmen may get some on their cards somehow.
So here is the poster I made for the Dentist office.....just added some washi tape, blue snowflakes and holly in the corners....I rather like this poster. Monday I will take it in for them to decide on which one of the three posters I made will be the final one on card stock. This one was done on paper.
Another Apple card for you....
I want to apologise to you who are reading my post right now. I am sorry that I have not been able to comment on some of your blogs. It is not because I don't want to, I do and have tried, but for some reason BlogSpot is not allowing me to do that.

Since I switched to Windows 10, I have found it much harder to do certain things that I could do easily with Windows 8. One of the things I am finding hard to do is leave comments on blogs. For some posts my only way around it, is to email you, and then I don't know if you see my email, because it probably went into the spam file for all I know.

I used to have problems with only being able to leave comments on certain blogs being anonymous...now for some reason I can't even be anonymous and that comment completely vanishes.

So sorry. I do read your blogs, if you will notice all the blogs on my sidebar.....everyday I check to see if you posted anything...I then go to your blog and read. If you see not comment from me, just know I tried but could not get in.

Well, you all have a good day and keep looking up. Please pray for those families who lost loved ones in this terrorist attack in Paris. I just don't understand why these terrorist get such a thrill in killing people and then themselves. We must pray for America....because we are next on their hit list...God Help US!!!!!!
Cheers (anyways) ~ Louise

8 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, You are super talented...those cards are beautiful. I love them. So special to receive or send. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie....thank you. And thanks for stopping by...I read your blog just about every day.

Biz said...

I love the snowmen cards!!!! Thank you so much Louise!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz....thanks for stopping by, glad you like the snowmen cards, I will let you know when they are all done. Will need to do the insert with a saying, will let you know what I have and will stamp them inside.

NanaDiana said...

For some strange reason I cannot see a word I am typing here..so this is being done blindly. Thanks for visiting. I know you do..and thanks . thanks for always being so sweet, Louise. I love your apple cards. they are adorable. Okay- there are probably mistakes here but I can't see them. xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana.....wonder why you can't see what you are typing??? That is so weird??? But you are doing a great job typing blindly and nope there are NO mistakes. Thanks on the apple cards.

Patricia said...

Glad to see you have time and inspiration for working on your cards. Looks good.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patricia....it took awhile but I am glad it returned. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails